After my statement on Twitter, I’m finally officially announcing Gamesome 2.0.
I’ve decided to completely rewrite the whole app from scratch. I did it for several reasons, but mainly because a huge rewriting of the app is needed in order to support more “evolved” features.
The app will be lighter, faster, better looking and highly customizable.
- I’ve decided to include less images/files inside Gamesome, the whole .apk file will be only ~5MB large, instead of the former 15MB. The old app had lots of unused files in it that I was keeping just in case I needed to restore something, but in the end it was just a pile of garbage.
- Since Gamesome 2.0 is written from scratch, I’m trying to write it in a better way than I could imagine two years ago. Code is cleaner, faster and, in case of fix, easier to mantain.
- Gamesome will try to comply Material Design guidelines more than in the latest versions.
- You will be able to customize platforms and emulators.
- Will support Gingerbread
- Portrait mode is 100% supported, finally!
Proof here: 🙂
As I’m speaking, Gamesome 2.0 is still in development. I’ll provide further details as soon as possible!
What do you think? Let me know on Twitter or writing to the usual support e-mail!